The Forest Preserve District of Will County collects information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form to request information, report a concern, report an accessibility concern or request accommodations.
When filling out a form or survey on our Web site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our Web site (we continually strive to improve our Web site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To send periodic e-mails (the e-mail address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or communicate regarding other requests or questions);
- To comply with requests for information per the Freedom of Information Act.
Financial Information Protection
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and to capture and remember certain information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Web site, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law (including the Freedom of Information Act), enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
At our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Web site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California On-line Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California On-line Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s On-line Privacy Protection Act Compliance
In compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s On-line Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Web site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on January 1, 2011.
Forest Preserve District of Will County
17540 W. Laraway Road
Joliet, Illinois 60433
United States of America