Trail location and access
The Rock Run Greenway Trail travels 11.24 miles from Crest Hill south through Joliet.
The trail may be accessed from the following locations:
- Theodore Marsh (Gaylord Road, Crest Hill)
- Rock Run Preserve – Paul V. Nichols Access (Essington Road, Joliet)
- Rock Run Preserve – Black Road Access (Black Road, Joliet)
- Colvin Grove Preserve/Joliet Junior College South Lot (Houbolt Road, Joliet)
- Lower Rock Run Preserve – I&M Canal Access (Hollywood Road, Joliet)
PLAN YOUR ADVENTURE ON THIS TRAIL'S INTERACTIVE MAP
Trail experience and activities
The Rock Run Greenway Trail is a flat, paved linear trail and travels 11.24 miles through Rock Run Preserve's woodland, prairie and wetland. It is ideal for the following activities:
- In-line skating
- Cross-country skiing
DuPage River Trail: Street routes in Joliet and Shorewood connect the Rock Run Greenway Trail to the 3.77-mile, linear paved DuPage River Trail at Hammel Woods.
Joliet Junction Trail: The north end of the Rock Run Greenway Trail connects to the 4.36-mile, linear paved Joliet Junction Trail at Theodore Marsh.
I&M Canal State Trail: Street routes in Joliet connect the south end of the Rock Run Greenway Trail to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources' crushed limestone I&M Canal State Trail.
Together, the Rock Run Greenway Trail, Joliet Junction Trail and I&M Canal State Trail provide a 16-mile loop trail.