MAKE YOUR OWN BIRD FEEDER
Materials: Pinecone, peanut butter, peanuts, or bird seed, and string
- Step 1: Tie a string around the pine cone
- Step 2: Cover pine cone in peanut butter (Crisco works too!)
- Step 3: Roll pinecone in peanuts or seeds
- Step 4: Hang outside and wait for a visitor!
Don’t have a pinecone? No problem! Try the same craft with a toilet paper roll.
MAKE YOUR OWN PAPER PLATE OWL
Materials: paper plate, crayons or markers, tape or stapler, and construction paper
- Step 1: Draw feathers in the middle of the plate.
- Step 2: Fold sides and top of plate to make head and wings. Tape or staple sides in place.
- Step 3: Cut round eyes, triangle beak, and feet from construction paper.
- Step 4: Color and decorate wings, eyes, beak, and feet.
This isn't the only way to make a paper plate owl. With a few extra materials, this version can be a real hoot!