The Forest Preserve District of Will County is seeking applications for its juried art show at Plum Creek Nature Center, "Nature Takes Flight."
January 31, 2020 is the deadline to apply. All art mediums are welcome, including 2D and 3D pieces, except for performance art and film.
If you are interested in applying to be a part of the show, fill out the online form and attach a digital JPG photo (4MB or smaller) of the artwork. Artists will be notified by February 11 if their art has been selected for the show. Artists must be at least 18 years of age, and there is a limit of three entries per artist. There is no entry fee.
Here are additional rules and dates to keep in mind:
- November 1 - January 31: Submit online application
- February 11: Artist notifications
- February 18-25: Delivery period for selected artwork. If shipped, art must arrive by February 25 with prepaid return label included. Artist is responsible for all shipping costs.
- March 3 - April 3: Show is open!
- April 4: Artist awards reception from 6 - 8 p.m.
- April 4-12: Art pick-up
- Artist must be 18 or older to enter.
- Limit of three artworks per artist. Maximum dimensions of 2D art are 5 feet tall by 3 feet wide. 2D artwork must be wired and ready to hang.
- Maximum dimensions of 3D art are 2 feet tall by 2 feet wide. Maximum weight for all artwork is 30 pounds.
- Jury reserves the right to refuse work that does not meet the requirements or is considered too fragile for the exhibit.
- Estimated value of art must be included for insurance purposes.
- If artwork is for sale please indicate on entry form. Artist will receive 100 percent of the sale.
- Images of accepted works may be used for promotional purposes along with artist’s biographies and artwork descriptions. Selected artworks will be featured in an exhibit booklet.
- All artwork remains on exhibit for the duration of the show.
*** Please be sure all required fields are filled out. Failure to fill out required fields will prevent your submission from going through; photos will also need to be reattached if your submission fails to go through. You will be redirected to a thank you page when the photos have been accepted by our system. ***