If no additional information is required, type NONE.
Certificate of insurance
In order to protect the Forest Preserve District of Will County from liability arising out of the activities associated with your function, the District requires that all individuals, groups and organizations desiring to utilize District lands and/or facilities for any activity or circumstance must first obtain a certificate of insurance, verifying comprehensive general liability insurance in effect as of the date of the event indemnifying the District in limits not less than $1,000,000.00, combined single limit.
The certificate of insurance must specifically name the Forest Preserve District of Will County (17540 W Laraway Rd. Joliet, IL 60433) as an “Additional Insured.” Certificates that do not name FPDWC as an “Additional Insured” will not be accepted.
If your business has commercial or comprehensive general liability coverage, your agent should be able to provide you with the required certificate of insurance with the Forest Preserve District of Will County listed as an “Additional Insured.”
If your group is an organization without insurance coverage, you could provide these instructions to your homeowner’s insurance agent. Many times, your homeowner’s insurance carrier will provide the required coverage as an endorsement to your existing policy and issue the certificate. If your agent does not know how to handle this, ask to speak to an underwriter at the insurance company’s office.
If you cannot obtain the certificate from your homeowner’s insurance carrier or you do not own a home, you may have to purchase a “special events” insurance policy through your agent or an insurance broker. The cost will depend on the nature of the group, the activities planned and the company’s evaluation of risk.
The Forest Preserve District of Will County shall not be liable at any time for loss, damages or injury to person or property. Applicant and/or organization agree to hold harmless the Forest Preserve District of Will County, its Commissioners, Officers, Agents, Volunteers, Attorneys and Employees from any and all losses, claims expenses, costs and damages
You must provide the appropriate certificate prior to the processing of your permit. Certificates that do not list the Forest Preserve District of Will County as an “Additional Insured” will not be accepted.
About your event
Items subject to approval. Additional fees may apply and some items may require the use of a District approved vendor. That list can be found here.
If no additional information is required, type NONE.
(List name and city along with vendors’ names. If no vendors will be present, type NONE in box.)
Please read these Non-District Event Rules and Regulations and agree by signing at the bottom.
- The permit holder is subject to all rules and regulations contained in the Forest Preserve District of Will County's General Use Ordinance No. 124, the Illinois Criminal Code, the Illinois Vehicle Code, and the Illinois Game and Fish Codes. Falsification of information and/or violation of any of these rules or District ordinances will result in the denial and/or revocation of the permit, forfeiture of the fees, fines, and/or the cancellation/termination of the permitted event.
- Permit holder must provide the District with a certificate of insurance naming the Forest Preserve District of Will County as an additional insured.
- Permit holder must provide the District with a map of the event route if District trails are being utilized during the event.
- Applications for events must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the event. If the event is approved, all required documents and payment must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the event date.
- Permit holder must be 18 years of age or older and present throughout the duration of the event.
- The permit is valid only for the date, time, and name listed on the permit.
- Attendance must not exceed the amount listed on the permit.
- The District reserves the right to close the preserves and/or limit access within preserves during regular open hours when safety and/or weather conditions warrant such actions.
- Refunds will not be given for canceled events. The District is not responsible for events canceled due to inclement weather.
- The District assumes no liability for any injuries that occur as a result of your function or activity.
- Driving or parking on the grass, sidewalks, or trails is prohibited. Vehicles are only permitted in designated parking areas and on roadways.
- Inflatable bounce houses must be supplied by a Forest Preserve District approved vendor. Inflatable water slides are prohibited.
- Gathering firewood is prohibited. Please help us reduce the risk of spreading the Emerald Ash Borer by obtaining firewood within a 50-mile radius of the preserve. Do not transport firewood across state lines in accordance with mandates from the Illinois Department of Agriculture.
- Start fires only in designated fire pits or grills. Building fires on the grass is prohibited. Fires must be extinguished before the reservation end time. Dispose of hot coals in fire pits and grills only.
- Cutting trees, limbs or shrubs is prohibited.
- Fireworks and other pyrotechnics are prohibited.
- The sale and/or solicitation of any product or service is prohibited.
- Use of devices capable of discharging a projectile is prohibited.
- Glitter, rice, silly string, confetti, birdseed, and water balloons are prohibited.
- Pony rides, dunk tanks, inflatable slides, and water slides are prohibited.
- Music should not be audible beyond the immediate vicinity nor should it disturb other visitors or permitted groups.
- Using paint to mark a trail is prohibited. If an event requires marking of the trail, chalk must be used.
- Do not mark on or affix anything (tents, signs, banners, balloons, piñatas, etc.) to trees, District signs, shelters, structures or buildings. Strapping, pinning, gluing or stapling to any shelter post, table, or other District structure is prohibited.
- Any signs, decorations, waste, tables, chairs, and any other items brought into the preserve for the event MUST be removed prior to departure.
- Call 911 in an emergency.
- In a non-emergency, call the Laraway Communications Center at 815.727.6191 to reach a Forest Preserve officer.
I agree to the Rules and Regulations as stated above and will abide by the Forest Preserve District of Will County General Regulation Use Ordinance #124.
I agree not to hold the Forest Preserve District of Will County liable for any loss or damage to persons or property arising from my use of the facilities or engaging in the activity for which this permit is granted.
I agree to defend and hold harmless the Forest Preserve District of Will County from any and all claims or actions brought by myself, my heirs, my guests, contractors or invitees, brought as a result of the exercise of the rights granted under this permit.
I have read and understand the rules of the Forest Preserve District for the public lands and their usage. I attest that the information I have provided is factual, accurate and honestly represents the nature and intent of my event. Failure to abide by any of the above rules leaves the permit holder liable and susceptible to receiving a ticket and/or suspension from District property by Forest Preserve District of Will County Police.
The Forest Preserve District of Will County reserves the right to be present on District property for any permitted event. This includes, but is not limited to, having a booth set up on the premises distributing information and/or giveaways to participants.
By electronically signing below, you are agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations as listed above.