Date: Sunday, 09/01/2019
Time: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Age: All ages
Contact Phone: 815.727.8700
Get out and get moving! It’s the return of “Woods Walk”! Experience 10 of Will County’s top-rated trails during their fall splendor.
Those trails include:
- Forked Creek Preserve – Ballou Road Access, Wilmington
- Hadley Valley, Joliet
- Hammel Woods – Route 59 Access, Shorewood
- Hickory Creek Preserve – LaPorte Road Access, Mokena
- Lake Chaminwood Preserve, Minooka
- McKinley Woods – Kerry Sheridan Grove, Channahon
- Monee Reservoir, Monee
- Prairie Bluff Preserve, Crest Hill
- Riverview Farmstead Preserve, Naperville
- Theodore Marsh, Crest Hill
Trail lengths range from 1.5 to 4 miles, and each trail offers its own unique experience. Bring your binoculars, field guides and a camera. Trails provide great photo opportunities. You can then share your pictures on social media or even enter them into the Forest Preserve’s Preserve the Moment photo contest, which runs through December 31.
This program runs daily from Saturday, September 1 - Friday, November 30.
No registration is required.
Don’t forget to log your walks as you go. To participate, pick up a “Woods Walk” travel log at select Forest Preserve visitor centers. Complete 7 of the 10 “Woods Walk” trails and receive a 2019 “Woods Walk” hiking medallion.