Registration for the 2017-2018 school year is open. Completed 2017-2018 School Program Requests may be submitted at any time. Requests are time stamped and put in a queue in the order they are received.
Please note that submission of an online request form does not guarantee a reservation.
Request forms are processed in a first-come, first-served order.
Processing of program requests begins Tuesday, August 8, 2017 for Will County schools and Tuesday, August 15, 2017 for out-of-county schools.
Programs are offered Tuesdays through Fridays, September through June. Programs can start as early as 9 a.m. and conclude by 3 p.m.
If you have any questions or require assistance with the reservation process, please contact the Education Office at 815.722.2025.
Program Registration Checklist
Specific information is required, so please have ready the following:
- Primary and other teacher contact information
- School name, district number, address and phone number
- Number of classes, student count per class and number of chaperones
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd program date choices
- Start time, as well as 2nd and 3rd program start time choices for in-school programs
- Program selection
- Information that will further assist staff in accommodating your groups such as accessibility needs, allergies, schedule details, etc.
Once a program is booked, a confirmation will be emailed along with the following information:
- Map and directions to the site (applicable to field trips)
- Forest Preserve program expectations
- Tentative schedule
- Program permit/invoice
- Pre/post program classroom materials
- Itemized list of correlated Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
VIEW THE LEARNING STANDARDS MATRIX
School Program Request Form
Include a name and email address for each additional teacher attending the programs.
Please select program(s) at your facility of choice.
Please select a program location to view programs.
Accommodations, Special Needs, and Notes
Please include any information needed to better accommodate the group: accessibility needs, allergies, schedule details, etc.