News you can use
2022 Dog Park Permits Now on Sale
Dog park permits can be purchased online or in person at Sugar Creek Administration Center starting Monday, November 1, and at three other visitor centers beginning on Tuesday, November 2. The permits can be used at all six Forest Preserve District dog parks and are good through December 31, 2022.
The Forest Preserve District of Will County has six dog parks throughout the county. All parks provide fenced areas that allow dogs to run and play without a leash. Visiting our dog parks is the perfect way to give your dog the exercise and socialization that it needs. A permit is required to enter the dog parks. Once a permit is obtained, you and your dog will have access to all parks. All dog parks include separate areas for small dogs (35 lbs. or less) and large dogs.
The District offers dog parks at the following Will County forest preserve locations:
- Forked Creek Preserve – Ballou Road Access in Wilmington
- Hammel Woods – DuPage River Access in Shorewood
- Lower Rock Run Preserve – McClintock Road Access in Joliet
- Messenger Marsh in Homer Glen
- Plum Valley Preserve in Crete Township
- Whalon Lake in Naperville
Get a Dog Park Permit
Permits may be purchased at these visitor centers:
- Sugar Creek Administration Center, Joliet
- Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville
- Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete Township
- Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon
Permits can also be purchased by mailing a Dog Park Permit Application with payment to Sugar Creek Administration Center.
- Annual permits are on sale November-June.
- Half-year permits are on sale July-October.
- Permits are valid until December 31.
BUY A PERMIT ONLINE
***Please note: We are aware of issues when trying to purchase a permit on a mobile device; we suggest using a desktop or laptop computer for this online transaction.***
Dog owners can purchase a dog park permit for up to three dogs. A current rabies tag number and expiration date must be provided in order to purchase a dog park permit. Dogs must be at least six months of age to use the dog parks.
SIGN UP FOR OUR DOG PARK NEWSLETTER
Dog Park Permit Fees
Will County Resident: $40
After July 1
Will County Resident: $20
Will County Resident: $20/dog
Senior Discount (65 and older): $10 off/permit
Veterans, Active-Duty Military Discount: $10 off/permit
Multiple discounts cannot be combined.
Daily Passes: $5
Duplicate Passes: $5 (only one duplicate pass allowed per permit).
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations must be abided by while inside the dog parks. Please also read General Use Ordinance No. 124 for a full list of Forest Preserve District of Will County rules and laws.