All schools attending in-person field trips at a Forest Preserve visitor center must have their students wear masks during their visit. Forest Preserve staff will wear masks while presenting in-person field trips.
Requests are time stamped and processed in a first-come, first-served order. Please note that submission of a request form does not guarantee a program reservation. Will County schools get a one week priority window.
Programs are offered Tuesdays through Fridays, September through June. Programs can start as early as 9 a.m. and conclude by 3 p.m.
VIEW THE LEARNING STANDARDS MATRIX
Program Registration Checklist
Specific information is required, so please have ready the following:
- Primary and other teacher contact information
- School name, district number, address and phone number
- Number of classes, student count per class and number of chaperones
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd program date choices
- Start time, as well as 2nd and 3rd program start time choices for in-school programs
- Program selection
- Information that will further assist staff in accommodating your groups such as accessibility needs, allergies, schedule details, etc.
Once a program is booked, a confirmation will be emailed along with the following information:
- Map and directions to the site (applicable to field trips)
- Forest Preserve program expectations
- Tentative schedule
- Program permit/invoice
- Pre/post program classroom materials
- Itemized list of correlated Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
To get started, click on the button for the location you are seeking a program at:
FOUR RIVERS ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION CENTER
ISLE A LA CACHE MUSEUM
PLUM CREEK NATURE CENTER