The Forest Preserve District of Will County is proud to be partnering with the Will County Humane Society to showcase the dogs that frequent the District's dog parks in a 2021 calendar while also raising awareness — and funds — for an organization that does so much to help find new homes for hundreds of dogs each year.
All proceeds from the 2021 calendar produced by the Forest Preserve District of Will County will benefit the Will County Humane Society. The calendars will be sold at www.WillCountyDogs.org via preorders beginning Monday, August 17, until Friday, November 13. Orders will be shipped the week of November 30 to ensure they are received in time for the holidays. Calendars will cost $15 each, which includes shipping and taxes, and approximately $10 from each calendar sold will be donated to the humane society.
We're currently looking for talent to be featured in this calendar. Does your dog have what it takes to be the next Mr. March or Ms. September?
First, read the important information below and then submit your application. Your four-legged friend may be picked to participate in a special photo shoot and be featured in this unique calendar. You will only be contacted if your dog is selected to be in the calendar; notifications will be made by Friday, August 28.
READ MORE ABOUT THIS PROJECT
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, August 19 to be eligible.
- By submitting an application, the entrant agrees, if selected, to bring their dog to a scheduled photo shoot at one of the Forest Preserve’s dog parks. Only the dogs will be photographed. Owners may not appear in the photos.
- The Forest Preserve District will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) technology-related malfunctions or failures; or (c) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Forest Preserve District or by non-authorized human intervention. By submitting an application, you hereby release the Forest Preserve District and all related parties from any and all liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, and/or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this program.
- By entering into the call for talent, you hereby grant to the Forest Preserve District a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use your pet’s image and name in all media for all purposes the Forest Preserve District deems appropriate – including, without limitation, in the Will County dog park calendar and in the advertising and promotion thereof, for promotional and publicity purposes by the Forest Preserve District – without further permission or any compensation.
- While all dogs are adorable in our opinion, there’s only so much room in the calendar to go around. A panel of judges will select the dogs to be featured in the calendar. Selection of potentially winning submissions will be based on the following criteria: (a) photogenic nature and (b) how well the entry fits the Forest Preserve’s goal of featuring a variety of breeds, ages and personalities. The dogs selected shall be determined by the judges; each entrant agrees to be bound by the final decisions of the panel. In the event an entry is deemed invalid for any reason or the entrant fails to comply with any of the rules, the entry may be disqualified. Not all entries chosen may be given a top spot in the calendar. While still included, some images taken as part of the Forest Preserve’s photo shoot may be featured less prominently within the calendar pages.
- Only dogs that have a valid permit for the Forest Preserve District’s dog parks will be selected for the calendar. As required to use the dog park, all participating dogs must be socialized to both humans and other dogs, and must be current on their rabies vaccinations. They also must be able to follow some basic commands for the purpose of participating in the photo shoot, if selected. If a dog exhibits any signs of aggression during the photo shoot, the District representative on-site may opt to cancel that particular photo shoot and not reschedule.
- The Forest Preserve District reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
*** Note: All information fields are required. Failure to fill in any of the fields will prevent the submission from going through. You also will need to re-upload the photo after you have filled in any missing fields and before you can submit the application.
You will be redirected to a thank you page when the photos have been accepted by our system. If you are not redirected to a thank you page, your submission did not go through.
Can your dog follow basic commands? Sit, stay, etc.:
Do you currently have a dog park permit?:
Do you have evening availability during the week to attend a photo shoot?:
Do you want to subscribe to The Citizen, the District's digital weekly newsletter?:
Do you want to subscribe to The Weekly Five, the District's weekly email blast highlighting upcoming programs and events?: